Region V Connect Meeting | Fort Worth, TX
Connect: Botanical Treasures in Fort Worth
Friday, January 27, 2017 | 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Join GWA on January 27 in Fort Worth, Texas for an afternoon at the Botanic Research Institute of Texas. BRIT documents the diversity of plant life and conducts extensive research around the world. GWA will be given an inside look at the work BRIT does to find new plant species and research plant life for agricultural, economic, environmental, medical, and social uses. Highlights of the afternoon include:
- Survey of BRIT and its ongoing projects provided by BRIT leaders.
- A tour of the herbarium where thousands of priceless specimens are kept, some dating back to the 18th century.
- VIP access to the research library, one of the largest and finest collections of botanical literature in the southwestern United States.
- An update of Texas AgriLife news from Dotty Woodson, Extension Program Specialist
- Tips on pitching ideas to newspapers from Erin Booke, editor of the LIFE section of The Dallas Morning News
- GWA members’ meeting – what’s happening and what’s coming up.
- Optional “no host” dinner in nearby Sundance Square following the meeting.
Registration is FREE and open to GWA members and non-members.