As garden communicators, we are always in the look-out for potential content that can sparks our audience´s attention and add value to their well-being as well. Today, more than ever, our readers, viewers, and listeners are intentionally embracing their gardening and plant activities to cope with a myriad of circumstances; from physical, mental health issues, to the grieving of loved ones, jobs, and normalcy. Adding horticulture therapy knowledge and expertise to your content repertoire will broaden your perspective, topics, and even help you increase your audience. Horticulture therapists and trained professionals in this modality, design and facilitate horticultural activities with the intentional purpose to enhance people´s lives, within different scenarios and populations.
During this webinar, you will learn:
1. What is Horticultural Therapy and Therapeutic Horticulture?
2. What kind of stories can you produce and highlight with an HT angle?
3. Where can you find amazing resources in your community, nationally and internationally? From professional organizations, Academic to private programs.
4. Spanish words.
5. How can you, as a garden communicator, grow new entrepreneurial opportunities with HT professionals.
6. How can you integrate some of the horticultural therapist's core values and skills into your framework that your audience will need and appreciate?
Perla Sofía Curbelo-Santiago is a mediapreneur and wellness promoter. A professional communicator with a long experience in radio, television, and newspapers. Born and raised in Puerto Rico.
Founder of Agrochic.com, a woman-focus gardening lifestyle platform in Spanish, founded in 2009. Wellness, gardening, urban agriculture, and upcycling are favorite topics.
A connector, educator, speaker, and content creator for corporate and general audiences. She holds a B.A. in Psychology, from the University of Puerto Rico, and a master´s degree in Public Relations, from Universidad del Sagrado Corazón. Certified in Horticulture Therapy (2019) from the Chicago Botanic Garden.
As part of her daily work, Perla collaborates as a communicator consultant for horticulture and garden therapists in Latin America and Spain. Also, as an ally to promote horticulture therapy in Spanish.
Besides Spanish and English, speaks fluent Italian; love botanic gardens, The Secret Garden theme, reading, Netflix, baking, the Fall season, and going for a power walk.
Member of Garden Communicators International (since 2017) and the American Horticultural Therapy Association.